limera1n was released today by GeoHot, the jailbreak community veteran. Most people are opposing his decision to release it just before the eve of a possible greenpois0n release, but the users are happy! Plus, he didn’t keep showing YouTube videos this time but instead just released the tool. No matter how you take it, the fact is, a jailbreak is available for all 3rd and 4th generation iOS devices. This includes iPhone 3GS/4, iPod Touch 3G/4G, and iPad. The best thing? It’s untethered!
Note: Remember to backup your data using iTunes! We won’t be able to help you if you lose your data.
Follow our guide to jailbreak your iPad using limera1n:
- Download limera1n
- Plug in your iPad to your computer and click on make it ra1n
- limera1n will put your iPad into recovery mode. You’ll have to put it into DFU mode from here by following the simple steps as showing on the button, one by one.
- Hold down the home and power buttons together…
- Until you’re told to release the power button. Still keep holding the home button, though.
- If done correctly, your iPad will enter DFU mode.
- Now you have to wait while limera1n works its exploit on your iPad.
- When it’s done, you’ll see a message like the one below:
- That’s it ! Your iPad is jailbroken! You can confirm this by finding the limera1n app on your iPad. Remember to install Cydia from the app.
Follow our guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4 using limera1n here.
To jailbreak iPod Touch 3G/iPod Touch 4G with limera1n, follow our guides here.