limera1n is Geohot’s latest tool that has been released today before others could release their much-awaited jailbreak tools. limera1n is unpatchable and jailbreaks every 3rd and 4th generation iOS device with iOS 4.0, 4.1 and beyond. It’s an untethered jailbreak, so you won’t have to worry about rebooting your device and finding yourself unjailbroken again.
Note: Just to be safe, remember to backup your data using iTunes!
Here’s our guide on how you can jailbreak your iPod Touch 3G/iPod Touch 4G using limera1n:
- Download limera1n
- Plug in your iPod Touch to your computer and click on make it ra1n
- limera1n will put your iPod Touch into recovery mode. You’ll have to put it into DFU mode from here by following the simple steps as showing on the button, one by one.
- Hold down the home and power buttons together…
- Until you’re told to release the power button. Still keep holding the home button, though.
- If done correctly, your iPod Touch will enter DFU mode.
- Now you have to wait while limera1n works its exploit on your iPod Touch.
- When it’s done, you’ll see a message like the one below:
- Congrats! Your iOS 4.1 device is jailbroken! You can confirm this by finding the limera1n app on your iPod Touch. Remember to install Cydia from the app.
Follow our guide on how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4 using limera1n here.
You can jailbreak your iPad on iOS 3.2.2 using limera1n with this guide.
i have done this many times but it never works why it goes good until the last part the limera1n drop doesnt appear
wtf this doesn’t work on itouch 3g… the limera1n app doesn’t appear…
Use the latest version of limera1n.
does this work for 3.1.3 fw? since I don’t want to downgrade my iTunes to v.9 because of spirit.
Once you have jailbroken your iPhone/iPod Touch successfully or not can you use the restore in iTunes or some other way to restore it to it’s original stage (unbroken)?
Yup, just restore using iTunes