Like the initial releases of Limera1n, Chronic Dev Team’s greenpois0n jailbreak tool which was released earlier today, has been found to contain some bugs probably due to its premature release after early implementation of GeoHot’s exploit used in Limera1n. Previously, the exploit planned to be incorporated inside greenpois0n was the bootrom based SHAtter exploit but since the surprise release of GeoHot’s Limera1n revealed another similar exploit, Chronic Dev Team had to preserve the SHAtter exploit to jailbreak iPhone 5 and other future iOS devices to be released by Apple in the coming years.
Thus without much delay, Chronic Dev Team made greenpois0n public today by initially releasing it for Windows platform only. Most of the bugs encountered by early testers have now been fixed with the latest update of greenpois0n i.e RC3 (Release Candidate 3) which can be downloaded using the link below. greenpois0n for Mac and Linux have not been announced yet.
Download greenpois0n (RC3) for Windows to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod Touch 4G & 3G
Quick tip by Chornic Dev Team:
Don’t forget to upgrade to 4.1 (iphone/ipod) or 3.2.2 (ipad) before starting gp. If you need unlock, use tinyumbrella to keep old baseband.
You can Download latest version of TinyUmbrella from the links below and follow the easy on-screen instructions to save your iOS4.1 SHSH blobs offline on your computer
Not sure how to jailbreak your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 4G & 3G o iOS4.1 using greenpois0n? No problem! Just follow our easy guides below:
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS with greenpois0n [guide]
Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPod Touch 4G and iPod Touch 3G with greenpois0n [guide]
If you are interested in using Limera1n instead, you can also follow our step-by-step jailbreak guides below:
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS/iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 using limera1n [Guide]
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 3G/iPod Touch 4G on iOS 4.1 with limera1n [Guide]
- Jailbreak iPad on iOS 3.2.2 using limera1n [Guide]
If you have an iPod Touch 2G, you can use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze to jailbreak it. Follow these guides:
- Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G with iOS 4.1/4.0 using redsn0w 0.9.6b1 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak iPod Touch 2G with iOS 4.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 [Custom Firmware Method]
If you have an iPhone 3G with iOS 4.1, you can use redsn0w or sn0wbreeze to jailbreak it. Follow these guides:
- Jailbreak iPhone 3G with iOS 4.1/4.0 using redsn0w 0.9.6b1 [Guide]
- How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G/3GS with iOS 4.1 using sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 [Custom Firmware Method]