Apple has released new tvOS and HomePod software updates, bringing them up to version 16.3.1. The update brings each to build number 20K661 which can be downloaded to Apple TV, HomePod, and HomePod mini by all device owners.
Here’s everything new in tvOS 16.3.1 and HomePod 16.3.1 software updates
According to Apple’s release notes for tvOS 16.3.1 and HomePod software 16.3.1, the update brings “general performance and stability improvements.”
tvOS can be updated using the Settings app in Apple TV by going to System > Software Update. Apple TV will automatically update to 16.3.1 if users have automatic software updates turned on.
The HomePod software can be automatically installed on HomePods unless users have the automatic updates option disabled. Users can update their HomePod manually with the Home app on iOS or macOS by following these steps: Open the Home app > Tap on the icon that looks like three dots in the upper right corner > Tap on Home Settings > scroll down to Software Update > tap Software Update to check for and download the new update.
We will update this post if we find any new noticeable changes in either of these software updates.
- Concept iPhone 15 Ultra imagines Apple Watch Ultra design with an orange Action Button
- Apple removes “Damus” app from App Store China in compliance with CAC
- Apple hits 935 million paid subscriptions with record revenue of $20.8 in Services in Q1, 2023
- Apple may offer a higher-end iPhone 16 alongside Pro and Pro Max models
- Apple tops Forbes’ World’s Most Admired Companies list for 16th year in a row
- Apple had the highest-ever operating profit share of 85% in Q4, 2022
- Apple Arcade game releases on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV [New: Castle Crumble]
- Apple to launch new HomePod mini, AirPods Max by 2024
- Apple Pay can finally be launched in South Korea
- Apple releases ‘Fursat’, a new Shot on iPhone 14 Pro series film by Vishal Bhardwaj