Apple is bringing another bilingual title to its streaming service with ‘Now and Then’, a new thriller that will be filmed in both English and Spanish. From Bambú Producciones and creators Ramón Campos, Teresa Fernández-Valdés, and Gema R. Neira, the original series will explore “the differences between youthful aspirations and the reality of adulthood.”
Apple TV+ orders bilingual thriller ‘Now and Then’
From Apple’s press release:
Set in Miami with an all-Hispanic cast, Now and Then explores the differences between youthful aspirations and the reality of adulthood, when the lives of a group of college best friends are forever changed after a celebratory weekend ends up with one of them dead. Now, 20 years later, the remaining five are reluctantly reunited by a threat that puts their seemingly perfect worlds at risk.
The series is being ordered from Bambu Producciones and creators Ramon Campos, Teresa Fernandez-Valdes, and Gema R. Neira. The team previously worked on the Spanish series “Velvet,” “Cable Girls,” and “Gran Hotel.” Gideon Raff (The Spy, Homeland) will executive produce and direct the first two episodes.
Now and Then will be written by Neira and Campos with their team. Campos and Fernández-Valdés will serve as showrunners. Bambú Producciones will produce for Apple TV+.
The show is still in production, so we do not know when it will be able on Apple TV+. However, To enjoy Now and Then when it premiers, users will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV Plus is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app. It is also compatible with selected Samsung and LG smart TVs, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and tv.apple.com.
- Apple TV+ picks up anthology series ‘The Crowded Room’ starring Tom Holland
- Apple TV+ signs Justin Timberlake to play Chuck Barris in its newly acquired drama series
- Apple TV+ to premier new whale documentary ‘Fathom’ globally Friday, June 25
- Apple TV+ original movie ‘Emancipation’ will no longer be filmed in Georgia
- ‘The Greatest Beer Run Ever’ could come to Apple TV+ starring Russel Crowe and Zac Efron
- Apple TV+ signs multi-year deal with Natalie Portman and Sophie Mas production house, ‘MountainA’
- Apple TV+ has ordered new ‘Lady in the Lake’ series starring Natalie Portman and Lupita Nyong’
- Apple TV+ renews ‘Central Park’ for season 3, season 2 debuts on June 25
- Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai signs multi-year deal with Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ original shows ‘Servant,’ ‘For All Mankind,’ and ‘Amazing Stories’ nominated for The Saturn Awards