Apple has released watchOS 9.0.2 for Apple Watch Series 4 and later models with a few bug fixes. The update includes fixes for Spotify streaming, snooze alarm notifications, Wallet and Fitness data syncing, and audio for Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra.
What’s new in watchOS 9.0.2?
Apple Watch Ultra and Apple Watch Series 8 users had reported the microphone users on various social media platforms, and it was later revealed that Apple was looking into a fix. The company had suggested that users try restarting their watch, however, it was a temporary fix and the issue would return for users. This update finally fixes the issue.
The Spotify streaming issue was a major problem that lead Spotify into emailing its users to avoid updating to watchOS 9. Even though the issue was reported while watchOS 9 was still in beta, Apple never got around to fixing it in the initial release. The suggested workaround was to download music locally to their Apple Watch instead of streaming it.
This software update also includes fixes for other issues such as incomplete syncing of Wallet and Fitness data for newly paired Apple Watches as well as snooze alarm notifications continuing after the alarm is deleted for AssistiveTouch users.
Here is the complete changelog from Apple:
This update includes improvements and bug fixes for your Apple Watch.
- Interruptions to streaming audio on Spotify
- Snooze alarm notifications continue after the alarm is deleted for AssistiveTouch users
- Incomplete syncing of Wallet and Fitness data for newly paired Apple Watch
- Audio from microphone interrupted for some Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra users
To update your Apple Watch to watchOS 9.0.2, go to Settings > General > Software Update on your paired iPhone. You can also go to Settings on your Apple Watch and start the update by going to General > Software Update. No matter which method you go for, make sure that your Apple Watch has at least 50% battery charge, and is placed on its charger throughout the update process.
- watchOS 9 disables these features with Low Power Mode
- watchOS 9 brings redesigned Compass app with new Backtrack, Waypoints and more
- watchOS 9 launches AFib History feature to more than 100 countries
- watchOS 9 adds several new watch face options to Apple Watch
- watchOS 9 introduces new watch faces, sleep stages, AFib History feature and more
- watchOS 9 to feature new low-power mode for Apple Watch