Apple has released iOS 16.0.3 with a bunch of bug fixes for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models. This software update includes fixes for delayed notifications, low microphone volume during CarPlay use, slow camera launch, and the Mail app crashing with a malformed email address.
What’s new in iOS 16.0.3?
We have previously covered most of these bugs as users have been very vocal about these issues. The slow camera app launch was one of the biggest issues shared across social media by users and impacted normal iPhone usage for customers. The issue only impacted iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
The issue with the Mail app crashing with a malformed email address was a severe bug reported by VPN Tracker, and would cause the app to stop functioning until the affected email was deleted using another device.
Here is everything new in this update as per the official changelog from Apple:
This update provides bug fixes and important security updates for your iPhone including the following:
– Incoming call and app notifications may be delayed or not delivered on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Low microphone volume can occur during CarPlay phone calls on iPhone 14 models
– Camera may be slow to launch or switch between modes on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
– Mail crashes on launch after receiving a malformed email
It is unclear whether Apple has also included fixes for battery issues in this update, but we will share an update once we have done testing for a few days.
After iOS 16 was released, Apple released iOS 16.0.1 and iOS 16.0.2 with a number of bug fixes. With iOS 16.0.2, Apple fixed the issue with camera vibrating and making noise when third-party apps are used on iPhone 14 Pro as well as the copy and paste prompt appearing more often. Apple is currently beta testing iOS 16.1 with a bunch of new features, and it is expected to release this month to all users, alongside iPadOS 16.1.
To upgrade your iPhone to iOS 16.0.3, simply go to Settings > General > Software Update. You can also download iOS 16.0.3 firmware files to manually upgrade your device using a Mac or PC.
There are still some issues reported by users with not just iPhone 14 but with iOS 16 overall. Check our coverage below for these open issues and let us know if you are impacted by any of them:
- AirDrop not functioning properly on some iPhone 14 models
- Bug causing iPhone 14 Pro to freeze after data transfer? Try this Apple-approved fix
- GPS functionality breaks in iOS 16.1 beta on iPhone 14 Pro
- Facing iMessage or FaceTime setup issues with iPhone 14 Pro? Here’s a fix
- Fix “Unable to Verify Update” issue when updating to iOS 16
- Why do you see the allow paste prompt in iOS 16?iPhone stuck in bootloop after iOS 16 update? Here’s a fix
- Battery drain after iOS 16 update? Here’s what you should know