iOS 16.1 beta seems to be breaking GPS functionality on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models, as per reports by various users. iPhone 14 Pro models feature dual-frequency GPS, which provides more accuracy than the GPS functionality available on iPhone 14 and older models.
This bug means that users are unable to get a GPS lock in apps like Apple Maps and Google Maps. This issue does not impact iOS 16.0.1 or other iPhone models, but only impacts specifically iOS 16.1 beta on iPhone 14 Pro models.
GPS issues on iPhone 14 Pro using iOS 16.1 beta
As reported on MacRumors, the issue has been affecting all users who upgraded to the new beta build on their iPhone 14 Pro. This is specifically troubling for users who use GPS for professional purposes. Even casual users who use it for navigation are not happy with the bug.
So far, the only fix is to downgrade from iOS 16.1 beta to iOS 16.0.1. This should fix the GPS functionality for users.
iOS 16.1 beta is currently being tested with developers and public beta testers. Beta builds usually contains bugs that can break features, so Apple will likely be aware of this and will fix it in the next beta update.
- iOS 16 always shows status bar text in white, here’s a fix
- In iOS 16.1 beta, iPhone 14 Pro’s Dynamic Island moves with Reachability
- iOS 16.1 beta brings back Live Activities API with iPhone 14 Pro Dynamic Island support
- iOS 16 causing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues? Here are some fixes
- iOS 16 proving to be an exciting update for users, adoption rate faster than iOS 15
- These iOS 16 features are exclusive to select iPhone models
- iOS 16 charging on hold notification – here’s what it means for your iPhone battery
- How to unsend an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- How to edit an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- Want to enable Dark Mode on a Lock Screen wallpaper on iOS 16? Here’s how
- iOS 16 battery percentage is only available on these iPhone models
- iOS 16 removes older iPhone wallpapers and Live Wallpapers support
- Download iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro wallpapers in full resolution
- Here are the top iOS 16 features to try on your iPhone
- Downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 with these simple steps
- iOS 16 delayed features: iCloud Shared Photo Library, Live Activities, Matter support and more
- iPhone stuck in bootloop after iOS 16 update? Here’s a fix
- How to install iOS 16 on iPhone
- Battery drain after iOS 16 update? Here’s what you should do
- iOS 16 home screen search button can be disabled – here’s how