Apple has released iOS 16.0.2 with fixes for recently reported issues such as the iPhone 14 Pro’s shaky camera in third-party apps, copy-paste, VoiceOver not working, and other bugs.
iOS 16 roll-out has not been the most flawless out of Apple’s recent software updates. Both iOS 16 and iPhone 14 Pro users have shared a laundry list of complaints about issues that they have been facing. iOS 16.0.2 is the second release that attempts to resolve some of these issues, however, Apple will likely have to roll out more updates to fix the remaining bugs.
Table of Contents
What’s new in iOS 16.0.2?
As per Apple, the update includes bug fixes and important security updates for iPhones. However, nothing is disclosed in terms of security updates on Apple’s website.
The issue with the camera vibrating and making noise when third-party apps are used on iPhone 14 Pro has been fixed. This was a cause of major concern for users as it seemed like a hardware issue with the camera sensor. The issue with the camera app launching slowly is still not fixed with this update.
The other major issue was with copy and paste prompt appearing more often than it should. This caused issues with user experience, and many apps such as password managers did not function well as they couldn’t automatically paste OTP codes. This has also been fixed in this update.
Other fixes include the display appearing black during device setup, VoiceOver not working after a reboot, and touch input being unresponsive on older iPhone models after service.
Here is the complete changelog from Apple:
This update provides bug fixes and important security updates for your iPhone including the following:
- Camera may vibrate and cause blurry photos when shooting with some third-party apps on iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Display may appear completely black during device setup
- Copy and paste between apps may cause a permission prompt to appear more than expected
- VoiceOver may be unavailable after rebooting
- Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone X, iPhone XR, and iPhone 11 displays after being serviced
Which devices support iOS 16.0.2?
Unlike iOS 16.0.1, which was only available for iPhone 14 models, iOS 16.0.2 works with all iOS 16 compatible models:
- iPhone 14
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or later)
How to install iOS 16.0.2 on your iPhone?
Simply go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone to update to the new version. Make sure that you are connected to a stable Internet connection, and have more than 50% battery charge.
There are still many iOS 16 issues pending fixes, that have not been addressed by this update:
- iOS 16 Mail app crashes with this sender email format
- Try this fix if your iPhone 14 is not turning on despite being fully charged on iOS 16
- iOS 16 users report extreme battery drain and slow Spotlight search
- iOS 16 causing Assistive Touch not to work for some users, try this workaround if your iPhone is affected
- iOS 16 issue with games that use three-finger input, reported by devs