You may face issues with iMessage or FaceTime not activating when you set up a new iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro. This is a known issue, and Apple has shared some solutions that can fix the issue.
Fix iMessage and FaceTime issues on iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro
If you are lucky enough to receive your iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Pro early, but find out that iMessage or FaceTime don’t activate, there’s nothing to worry about. First of all, here are the issues you may face:
- Messages may be sent from your phone number instead of your email address, or vice versa.
- You can’t receive iMessage or FaceTime calls.
- You see green bubbles instead of blue when sending messages to another account, despite them using iMessage.
- Message conversations may show in separate threads.
The first step to solving this issue is to update to iOS 16.0.1, which is an exclusive day one software update for iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro models. This update aims to resolve some issues related to activation and migration during iPhone 14 setup, as well as enterprise single-sign-on authentication bugs.
If, after the update, you still face issues with activating iMessage or FaceTime, check the following:
- Make sure that your phone line is turned on by going to Settings > Cellular. If you use multiple SIMs, make sure that the right one is selected.
- Go to Settings > Messages and tap on Send & Receive and select the right number to use with iMessages.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime and select the right number to use with FaceTime calls.
This is not the only issue new iPhone 14 users may face when setting up their devices. Apple is aware of an iPhone 14 Wi-Fi issue with iOS 16 during setup, and suggests such users to use a Mac or PC to setup their device.
- iOS 16 causing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues? Here are some fixes
- iOS 16 proving to be an exciting update for users, adoption rate faster than iOS 15
- These iOS 16 features are exclusive to select iPhone models
- iOS 16 charging on hold notification – here’s what it means for your iPhone battery
- How to unsend an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- How to edit an iMessage with iOS 16 on iPhone
- Want to enable Dark Mode on a Lock Screen wallpaper on iOS 16? Here’s how
- iOS 16 battery percentage is only available on these iPhone models
- iOS 16 removes older iPhone wallpapers and Live Wallpapers support
- Download iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro wallpapers in full resolution
- Here are the top iOS 16 features to try on your iPhone
- Downgrade iOS 16 to iOS 15 with these simple steps
- iOS 16 delayed features: iCloud Shared Photo Library, Live Activities, Matter support and more
- iPhone stuck in bootloop after iOS 16 update? Here’s a fix
- How to install iOS 16 on iPhone
- Battery drain after iOS 16 update? Here’s what you should do
- iOS 16 home screen search button can be disabled – here’s how