Windows 11 22621.1755 and 22624.1755 rolled out in the Beta Channel including minor improvements and major fix for Settings app.
New Windows 11 builds feature Administrator Password Solution
In Windows 11 builds 22621.1690 and 22624.1690 there are some bug fixes, some known issues, and improvements but does not include any new features. According to the official changes, they bring a specific fix for the Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS), a fix for an issue causing the Settings app to crash when Insiders attempted to uninstall an app while using the grid view, and a fix for input features.
Microsoft says that the update fixes a “race condition in Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) might stop responding. This occurs when the system processes multiple local account operations at the same time. The access violation error code is 0xc0000005.”
Here is the complete changelog shared in Microsoft’s blog post:
Fixes in Build 22624.1755
- Settings should no longer crash when attempting to uninstall an app while using grid view.
- Fixed an issue where the Pinyin IME’s insert text button wasn’t displaying correctly in some cases.
Fixes for BOTH Build 22621.1755 & Build 22624.1755
- This update addresses a race condition in Windows Local Administrator Password Solution (LAPS). The Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS) might stop responding. This occurs when the system processes multiple local account operations at the same time. The access violation error code is 0xc0000005.
- Search on the Taskbar:
- If users have the Bing button in the search box on the taskbar and they restart their computer, they may see the daily rotating search highlight for some time before getting the Bing button back.
- When users launch the widgets board for the first time, they may see momentarily placeholders of the widgets/feed cards of the old 2-column layout even if their device supports 3-columns.
- Microsoft plans to add Widgets pinning to desktop feature in Windows 11
- Microsoft updates the Photos app in Windows 11 with new slideshow options, timeline, and more
- Microsoft to take on Apple with custom ARM chips and Windows 12 optimization
- Windows 11 builds 22621.1690 and 22624.1690 feature a new Facebook widget and more