According to BoyGenuisReport, the iOS 4 upgrade hasn’t been a bed of roses for everybody. A lot of people are sending in their complaints about various bugs which are really impacting the user experience. Has Apple shipped iOS 4 too early? Let us know if you’re having any of the following issues:
- Photos synced with iPhoto turn are extremely blurry
- Gmail ActiveSync is no longer functioning (no syncing of email, calendars and contacts) Update from BG: This probably has nothing to do with iOS 4.0 and more to do with Google being overwhelmed.
- Update deletes all contacts, and backups will not restore them
- MMS no longer works
- Push notifications not functioning
- Auto-lock is set at one minute and the option to change this is greyed out
- Update fails and device reboots endlessly
I haven’t upgraded to iOS 4 yet because I’m waiting for a jailbreak since I use an unlocked iPhone 3G, but these bugs seem horrible enough to make me not want to upgrade yet. I’m also seeing various upgrade issues and long iOS installation times on Twitter.
In case you missed it, iOS 4 was released to the public today and already ultrasn0w has been updated to unlock basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 5.13.04! The jailbreak tool for iOS 4 isn’t out yet but we have a guide up for those stuck on locked iPhone 3G/3GS with iPhone OS 3.1.3. Geohot is also working on an exploit for iPhone 4 which should be out around the date when iPhone 4 is launched.