AirPods Pro 2 will feature a new design and improved chip, as per a new report by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The second-generation AirPods Pro will launch in Q4 2022, almost 3 years after the first generation was launched.
AirPods Pro 2 will be a major update with new design and features
As per a note seen by MacRumors, Ming-Chi Kuo’s new note claims that AirPods Pro 2 will launch in the last quarter of 2022, with a new design that will remove the stems altogether, and a powerful new chip that will improve connection performance.
Other recent reports have said that AirPods Pro 2 will have a redesigned case with Find My support and the case will also have a metal loop to hang from. Mark Gurman had claimed that AirPods Pro 2 will be stemless like Beats Studio Buds, while other reports have said that the stems will exist but the optical sensors will be replaced by skin detection sensors.
The new AirPods Pro 2 are also expected to feature new fitness tracking features with new updated motion sensors. However, it is unclear what function will these sensors perform and how will their functionality overlap with Apple Watch, which is the company’s primary device for fitness tracking.
Apple recently launched its third-generation AirPods with a new design, battery life improvements, MagSafe support, audio quality improvements, as well as water and sweat resistance.
- Photos of transparent AirPods and Power Adapter prototypes show what could have been
- AirPods 3 teardown shows smaller H1 chip and different internal design than AirPods Pro
- AirPods 3: unboxing and first impressions videos
- Apple reduces AirPods 2 price to $129 to make the wireless headphones more affordable than ever
- Report reconfirms future AirPods as health monitoring devices to measure temperature and more
- Apple extends the time period of AirPods Pro service program for sound issues
- AirPods Pro gain Conversation Boost, here’s how to enable the feature