Apple has released the beta 7 of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 to developers. Since the time of the software’s public release is coming nearer, the iPhone maker is releasing weekly beta updates. Both new operating systems for iPhone and iPad were released at the World Wide Developers Conference Keynote in June.
Registered developers can easily update their devices on the latest iOS 14 beta 7 and iPadOS 14 beta 7 via the Settings app > General > Software update. As the public release is scheduled in Fall, this beta 7 update includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
New developers can install the latest beta 7 of iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 on their devices by registering with the Apple Developer program for a $99 per year membership fee. Although by now the software would be in a more stable phase, users are still advised to install the beta on secondary devices to avoid issues like data loss. We have a way for users to download beta 7 on iPhone and iPad for free.
The new iPhone operating system is packed with many new features and improvements to enhance users’ experience. In the previous beta updates, developers have discovered the following capabilities coming to the iPhone:
- Auto-organized App Library
- 3 different sizes of Picture-in-picture video play
- Exposure Notifications
- Stop button in the Night mode
- Apple TV Widget
- Medium and large sizes of the Files Widget, Matching Widgets with app’s default color, and a large (4×4) photo widget.
- Hepatic feedback in the Music app
- Street location in the Weather app
- New options in the Settings app
- Run others app while talking to Siri
iPhone and iPad share a unified architecture, therefore, most of the features are the same on both the devices. However, there are a few additional features on the iPad’s bigger screen. Here is the list of new features and changes in the upcoming iPadOS 14.
- Drag and drop toolbars
- Redesigned Search with Top Hit Results will display the most relevant info combined from all your apps, Quick Launcher will make it easier to launch websites and apps by tapping GO from displayed suggestions within the search menu, In-app Search for several apps like Mail, Files, and Messages will be enabled for iPads and Web Searching will easily launch suggested websites right from within the search menu.
- Compact design for FaceTime, phone calls,
- Redesigned Siri
- New Scribble feature with Apple Pencil support to Write to Type, Scratch to delete, Circle to Select, and Support for Chinese.
- AR updates