Apple TV+ has just shared a new first-look featurette for the upcoming movie Palmer. Set to land on the platform this coming Friday, Palmer follows the journey of Justin Timberlake’s character as he comes from prison and has to deal with a host of new issues in his life.
Apple TV+ is the Cupertino tech giant’s video streaming service which offers a variety of original content including drama, kids shows, movies, talk shows, documentaries, and more. In a short span of time, since its launch, the service has won accolades and nominations for titles like Peanuts, The Morning Show, and others.
Apple TV+ shares first look featurette for upcoming drama ‘Palmer’ starring Justin Timberlake
Here’s Apple’s description of the upcoming film, which is slated to premiere on January 29, 2021
“After 12 years in prison, former high school football star Eddie Palmer returns home to put his life back together—and forms an unlikely bond with Sam, an outcast boy from a troubled home. But Eddie’s past threatens to ruin his new life and family. Coming exclusively to Apple TV+ on January 29.”
The two-minute-long featurette Apple just uploaded gives viewers a closer look at the relationship Eddie Palmer has with Sam. The cast notes how a huge part of the film’s narrative will focus on acceptance and recovery. “Second chances are possible,” says Ryder Allen, the actor who plays Sam.
To enjoy Palmer when it premiers on January 29, viewers will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple TV Plus is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ shares trailer for ‘The Snoopy Show’, upcoming animated series
- In the U.S. Apple TV+ captured only 3% market share in 2020; Netflix retains first spot
- Apple TV+ original series ‘Ted Lasso’ nominated for three Critics Choice Awards
- Apple TV+ releases ‘For All Mankind’ season 2 trailer, premiere is on February 19
- Apple TV+ to produce ‘Kitbag’, the Napoleon Bonaparte epic, starring Joaquin Phoenix
- Apple TV+ picks up sci-fi comedy series starring Andy Samberg, with Ben Stiller producing
- Apple TV+ ‘Losing Alice’ official trailer is out now – The series will premier on Jan 22, 2021
- Samuel L. Jackson to star in upcoming Apple TV+ series, ‘The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey’