Earlier this year, Apple TV+ picked up a 10-episode drama series titled “Dear Edward,” which is based on a novel by Ann Napolitano of the same name. The streaming service today announced that the series will premiere on February 3, 2023.
10-part series based on Ann Napolitano’s novel, “Dear Edward,” coming to Apple TV+ in February
Dear Edward follows the story of Edward Adler, a 12-year-old boy who is the lone survivor of a devastating commercial plane crash that kills every other passenger on the flight, including his family. Aside from centering around a tragedy, the series is a “heartbreaking, life-affirming and uplifting story about survival, resilience, connection and the examination of what makes us human.”
The drama series features a star-studded cast including Emmy Award nominee Connie Britton (The White Lotus, Friday Night Lights), reuniting Katims and Britton following their Emmy-winning collaboration on Friday Night Lights, along with Taylor Schilling (Pam and Tommy, Orange Is the New Black) and Colin O’Brien (Mr. Harrigan’s Phone, Wonka), with Fisher Stevens (Palmer) set to direct the first episode and serve as executive producer on the pilot.
Hailing from Apple Studios, Dear Edward is written by Katims, who serves as executive producer through True Jack Productions alongside Jeni Mullein. Author Ann Napolitano also serves as executive producer alongside director Stevens. David Boyd serves as producing director.
For $6.99 per month with a seven-day free trial, Apple’s streaming service is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Apple TV via the Apple TV app.
- Apple TV+ dramas “Severance” and “Black Bird” bag 6 Golden Globe nominations
- Apple TV+ Original comedy series ‘Shrinking’ will release on January 27, 2023
- Apple TV+ wins BAFTA Children & Young People Awards, for the first time
- Apple TV+ quietly expands back catalog, offering third-party content for the first time
- Mondo launches Apple TV+ “Severance” soundtrack special-edition vinyl collection
- Mariah Carey’s Christmas Special will not be shown on Apple TV+ this year
- Apple TV+ bags 9 nominations at UK Royal Television Society’s Craft and Design Awards 2022
- Apple TV+ to premiere “Sharper” in February 2023 starring Julianne Moore
- Apple TV+ drops gripping teaser for final season of “Servant,” which will arrive on Jan. 13, 2023