Apple France released a new short film ‘Le Peintre’ (The Painter) by director J.B. Braud showcasing the high videography quality of the iPhone 12 camera in day and low light conditions. As part of Apple’s shot on iPhone social media promotional series, the new minute-long video has a humorous twist with a misunderstanding of the “painter”.
Across the series, Apple has introduced new features in iPhone 12 camera system that supports Dolby Vision, Night mode, Deep Fusion, Ultra-Wide: ƒ/2.4 aperture, Wide: ƒ/1.6 aperture, and more. In addition, the iPhone 12 Pro models have advanced features like LiDAR scanner, Apple ProRAW, up to Telephoto: ƒ/2.2 aperture, and Night mode portraits. However, the iPhone 12 Pro Max offers sensor-shift optical image stabilization, 2.5x optical zoom in, 2x optical zoom out; 5x optical zoom range, and digital zoom up to 12x.
Humorous ‘Le Peintre’ short film by Apple France promotes iPhone 12 camera
Released on Apple France’s official YouTube channel, the video shows that due to a misunderstanding, a wall/house painter is called to make a canvas portrait of a bourgeoisie woman. Although the video ends with a cliffhanger, the smile on the painter’s face reveals that he impressed the lady with this work.
Since its launch in October 2020, Apple has periodically released videos and photographs for Shot in iPhone 12 series. The series is designed to promote iPhone 12 camera quality on social media by showcasing its features and various settings it can be used in like underwater, in the rain, at night, and others.
- The new ‘Every Experiments’ video shows some very creative ways of capturing photos and videos using iPhone 12’s various features like slow-motion capture, iMovie editing, Night mode time-lapse, and more.
- In ‘Shot on iPhone Student Films- Behind the Scenes’ video four student directors share their filming experience on the iPhone 12 Pro models for the vertical video assignment.
- ‘Shot on iPhone 12’ photographs.
- ‘Chinese New Year- Nian’ movie directed by Lulu Wang, shot on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- ‘Hometown’ Shot on iPhone feature celebrates 30 Black photographers across the U.S in Black History month.