If you use Safari on iPhone or iPad, you may have noticed that you cannot clear cookies from the browser without deleting your browsing history as well. However, there is a hidden setting you can access in iOS and iPadOS that allows you to clear cookies from Safari without getting rid of your browsing history.
For those who do not know what cookies are, they include user data such as saved login information, website preferences, and other data that can be used for tracking your activity across different web pages. This saved information is aimed at improving your browsing experience when you revisit websites. Unfortunately, Safari does not give users the option to remove cookies within the app however, it can be one through settings.
Learn how to clear cookies from Safari without deleting your browsing history on iPhone & iPad
Note that clearing cookies may impact your browsing experience as your saved logic information and website preferences will have been deleted. You will need to manually input information to save it again.
- Launch Settings from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and tap on Safari.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on Advanced.
- Tap on Website Data.
- Here, you will be able to see all your website data which includes cookies for the respective sites. To clear all cookies, tap on Remove All Website Data at the bottom. You can also remove cookies for specific websites by swiping left on the URL to access the Delete option.
We hope this guide helped you learn how to clear cookies from Safari without deleting your browsing history on iPhone & iPad. If you have any questions, let us know in the comments below.
- How to edit the date, time, or location of photos in iOS 15
- How to use iOS 15 portrait video and audio effects in any app including Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok
- How to use an email instead of a phone number for iMessage on iPhone & iPad
- How to SharePlay music, screen, TikTok and more on iPhone and iPad
- How to reduce the size of your iCloud backup on iPhone and iPad
- How to transfer data from your old iPhone to a new iPhone 13 without using a backup
- How to use Screen Time to set a time limit for websites on iPhone and iPad