Instagram is one of the most popular social apps with over a billion monthly and 500 million daily active users. People use the platform to share, explore, and connect with family, friends, and influencers.
This month, the social media platform is celebrating its 10th birthday by letting you change your app icon throughout the month of October 2020. The app update also includes another feature, a private map, and an archive of your stories from the past three years.
The icons available include the classic Polaroid-style camera designs that were used for more than five years. There are themed variations on the current logo, too, including rainbow colors and monochrome options. Here’s how to change the Instagram app icon on your Android phone.
How to change the Instagram icon on an Android device
First, open the Google Play Store app and make sure that you do not have any pending updates. If needed, update your application to the latest version.
- Open the app.
- Tap on your profile icon at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the hamburger menu in the top right corner. Tap on Settings (gear-wheel) in the bottom right corner.
- Swipe down from the top until you start to see some emoticons, and then release. You should see some confetti and a cupcake icon that says Celebrate with Us beneath it, along with a ton of custom icons to choose from. Tap your favorite.
- A pop-up window will ask if you want to add the icon shortcut to your home screen. Tap Add.
If you want to go back to the original icon or change to a different version, just repeat the steps above to access those settings. This feature is available for the next month, and there is no word on whether the social media platform will make it a more permanent option for its users or not.
- How to go live on Instagram with filters and effects
- How to easily add and manage Instagram filters
- How to pin and un-pin Instagram comments on Android devices
- How to save posts and create collections in Instagram
- Facebook integrates Instagram messages with Messenger app with new selfie stickers and more