Apple recently released the first beta for its new software update iOS 16 which includes a ton of new features and improvements for iPhone. One of the changes included in the beta is the ability to remove more stock Apple apps from iPhone. A total of 29 native apps can now be removed.
Apple updates list of removable apps with iOS 16 beta 1
The ability to delete built-in iOS apps was first introduced back in 2016 with iOS 10. At first, users could only native a few native apps but now, there are almost 30 apps that can be removed from your device.
Since the software update is still in beta, it is possible that Apple will add more built-in apps to this list. Starting this fall, it will be possible to delete the following apps on your device:
- Find My
Here are the apps you can currently remove from your device:
- Apple Books
- iTunes Store
- News (where available)
- TV (where available)
- Voice Memos
- Watch app
How to delete a built-in app from your iPhone
- Touch and hold the app that you want to remove on your iPhone.
- Tap Remove App.
- Tap Delete.
Apple does warn users that deleting built-in apps “can affect things like related system functions or information on your Apple Watch.” When deleting a native app, users will also delete any related data and configuration files.
iOS 16, iPadOS 16, watchOS 9, and macOS Ventura will be released to the general public in the fall alongside the iPhone 14 lineup. The first developer betas of the software updates have been released for developers and a public beta will become available in July.
- Family Sharing in iOS 16: Screen Time requests, Quick Setup and iCloud Shared Photo Library
- Photos in iOS 16: duplicate detection, copy and paste edits and ability to lock hidden albums
- Using TrueDepth camera on iPhone, iOS 16 allows users to create Personal Spatial Audio profiles
- iOS 16 updates Apple Maps with new Multistop routing, Pay for Transit and other features
- iOS 16 brings smarter and more intuitive Siri, Dictation, and Live Text features
- iOS 16 privacy features: Safety Check, lock hidden photo albums, and others