With the launch of iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, and iPhone 13 Pro Max, Apple has clarified its iPhone lineup by dropping iPhone XR, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. The updated lineup includes iPhone SE, iPhone 11, iPhone 12, iPhone 13, and iPhone 13 Pro.
Apple drops iPhone XR and iPhone 12 Pro from its full lineup
Apple is discontinuing the almost three-year-old iPhone XR, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max from its lineup with the launch of iPhone 13. iPhone SE, iPhone 11, and iPhone 12 are still available as lower-cost options compared to iPhone 13, with all models getting a price drop of $100. Apple’s full lineup is still priced starting at $399 with its budget-friendly iPhone:
- iPhone SE – $399
- iPhone 11 – $499 (previously $599)
- iPhone 12 mini – $599 (previously $699)
- iPhone 12 – $699 (previously $799)
- iPhone 13 mini – $699
- iPhone 13 – $799
- iPhone 13 Pro – $999
- iPhone 13 Pro Max – $1099
iPhone 13 models feature 128GB of starting storage, which is up from 64GB, with no increase in their price tag at $999. iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max can be ordered with up to 1TB storage capacity starting at $1099. Pre-orders for the new iPhones will open on Friday, September 17 at apple.com, while general availability will be from Friday, September 24.
Apple’s latest flagship lineup features significant upgrades to the camera system along with a massive improvement to battery life, the new A15 Bionic chip, an advanced 5G experience, a smaller notch, and more. The Pro models feature 120Hz ProMotion displays along with new sensors and lenses for all three rear cameras that are optimized to work seamlessly with iOS 15 and powered by the new image signal processor (ISP) in the A15 Bionic chip.
- Apple announces 8.3-inch iPad mini with new design, 5G, A15 chip, Center Stage, and more
- Apple introduces watch bands in new colors and designs alongside Apple Watch Series 7
- 2021 iPad announced with A13 Bionic chip, Center Stage, True Tone and more
- Apple Watch Series 7 announced: larger display, faster charging, new colors, watch face and more