Tesla has announced that the updated Tesla app on iOS supports the Apple Wallet app. Customers with Tesla Insurance can now add their insurance cards to the Wallet app.
Integrated into the iPhone, the Wallet app allows users to store a digital copy of their physical cards in their iPhones so they not only have to carry them but also to easily and quickly perform different tasks. With debit and credit cards add in the Wallet app, users make one-tap payments via Apple Pay, start and unlock their cars with CarKey, show drivers license and ID cards at airports, event or airplane tickets, lock or unlock their home with digital home keys, and more.
New Version Detected: 4.5.0
– Tesla Insurance policy holders can add their insurance card to Apple Wallet
— Tesla App Updates (iOS) (@Tesla_App_iOS) January 25, 2022
Under the official Tesla app Twitter account, @coffeetabletsla shared the screenshot of the added insurance card in the Wallet app. On the front of the card, the name of the holder, policy number, and coverage date are mentioned. And on the back of the card, the user can view coverage details.
Everything you need to know about the Tesla app on iOS
As the first successful electric passenger vehicle, Tesla redefines the use of technology in automobiles. With its iOS app, the company allows iPhone users to control various functions of their EVs. The release notes read:
- Check charging progress in real time and start or stop charging
- Heat or cool your car before driving – even if it’s in a garage
- Lock or unlock from afar
- Locate your vehicle with directions or track its movement
- Send an address from your favorite apps to start navigation in your car
- Allow your passengers to quickly control media
- Flash lights or honk the horn to find your vehicle when parked
- Vent or close the panoramic roof
- Summon your vehicle out of your garage or a tight parking space (for vehicles with Autopilot)
- Update your vehicle software from wherever you are
- Engage with Powerwall: monitor how much energy is stored from solar, used by your home, or exported to the grid
- Download solar production and battery usage data
Tesla app is available on the App Store for free. It is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch and requires iOS 13.0 or later.