Dickinson, a dark comedy following the life of poet Emily Dickinson, was one of the first TV shows to arrive on Apple TV+ when it launched in November 2019. With season three of Dickinson arriving on November 5, Apple has announced that the upcoming season will be its last.
Apple TV+ original ‘Dickinson’ will end after season 3
“When I set out to make ‘Dickinson,’ I envisioned the show as a three-season journey that would tell the origin story of America’s greatest female poet in a whole new way, highlighting Emily’s relevance and resonance to our society today,” Dickinson’s creator said in a press release. “I can’t wait to share our epic final season with the world, and to bring our audience along with us to the conclusion of Emily’s coming-of-age saga, as she continues to fight for her own poetic truth while reckoning with so many of the issues that face us now.”
Dickinson was an instant success when its first season debuted on Apple TV+ in 2019. The series won a Peabody Award and received a nomination for Best Actress in a Streaming Comedy series for the 2021 HCA TV Awards. The first three episodes of the 10-episode season will premier on November 5. New episodes of the series will then be released weekly until December 24.
To watch Dickinson, viewers will need a subscription to Apple’s streaming service. For $4.99 per month, Apple’s streaming service is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app. It is also compatible with selected Samsung and LG smart TVs, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and tv.apple.com.
- Apple TV+ “For All Mankind” and “Calls” original shows win Emmy Awards
- Amy Brenneman joins the cast of ‘Shining Girls’ thriller series on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ releases ‘The Morning Show’ season 2 official trailer ahead of launch on September 17, 2021
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Carpool Karaoke: The Series is renewed for 5th season but this time on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ Studio to win the bid for Sue Mengers biopic project starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Apple TV+ ‘CODA’ will be the first-ever feature film to include subtitles in the main film reel
- Apple TV+ shares trailer of “The Velvet Underground” documentary, coming on October 15
- Marvel stars Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson to feature in Apple TV+ new movie ‘Ghosted’