The Apple TV+ Original drama series Physical starring Emmy and Golden Globe nominee Rose Byrne is out now. Created by Annie Weisman, and produced by Tomorrow Studios, the 10-episode series follows Byrne as a housewife in 1980’s San Diego who discovers a passion for aerobics and decides to merge the form of rhythmic physical exercise with the new technology of videotape to start a business.
Apple TV+ Original series ‘Physical’ out now
Physical is a half-hour dark comedy following Sheila Rubin, a devoted housewife supporting her smart but controversial husband’s bid for state assembly. Sheila has her own set of complex problems to deal with behind closed doors relating to her self-image. She finds release in the world of aerobics. Sheila discovers a way to merge this newfound passion with the burgeoning technology of videotape to start a revolutionary business and finds empowerment along the way. From Apple’s announcement, “The series tracks her epic journey from a stifled, overlooked enabler to a powerful, confident economic force, as Sheila transforms into someone we take for granted today (but was entirely radical at the time) – the female lifestyle guru.”
Check out the trailer for Physical below before adding it to your watchlist:
To watch Physical, viewers will need a $4.99 subscription to Apple’s streaming service. Apple TV+ is available on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV via the Apple TV app. It is also compatible with selected Samsung and LG smart TVs, Roku devices, Amazon Fire TV, and tv.apple.com.
- Apple TV+’Only Apple Originals’ teaser showcases new and upcoming releases in 2021 & beyond
- Apple TV+ drops trailer for upcoming sci-fi series ‘Invasion,’ set to premiere on October 22
- Apple TV+ signs multi-year deal with Natalie Portman and Sophie Mas production house, ‘MountainA’
- Apple TV+ drops new trailer of ‘The Year That Music Changed Everything’ an upcoming docuseries
- Apple TV+ renews ‘Central Park’ for season 3, season 2 debuts on June 25
- Joel Coen’s ‘The Tragedy of Macbeth’ coming to Apple TV+ in partnership with A24 studios