Launched in September 2020, iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 adoption has impressively reached 90% this month. Data tracker, Mixpanel reports that the latest iPhone and iPad operating system installation figures show that over 90 percent of compatible devices are running on iOS 14 and iPad 14 versions.
In just seven months after release, the installation rate of new the latest iPhone and iPad software version has been increasing. The official installation figures shared by Apple in February 2021 revealed that iOS 14 installation had increased to 86% of iPhones introduced in the last four years. And iPadOS 14 installation had increased to 84% of iPad introduced in the last four years. Since December 2020, that was a 5 % increase in iOS 14 adoption and an impressive 9% increase in iPadOS 14 adoption.
The latest figures Mixpanel show that iOS 14 adoption has reached 91.3%, iOS 13 adoption is only 4.6% and older OS version adoption is 4.0%. The high installation rate can be credited to the new features Apple has introduced in the operating system like Home Screen widgets, App Clips, App Library, redesigned Siri user interface, and much more.
And with the upcoming iOS 14.5 update, the adoption rate is like to increase more because of new features and performance improvements.
iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5 features
- App Tracking Transparency feature to opt-in tracking across third-party apps and websites
- Apple will allow iPhone users to download security patches separately
- Ability to unlock an iPhone via Apple Watch while wearing a mask
- Ability to set third-party music app as the default music player
- 200 new emojis
- New ‘City Charts’ playlists on Apple Music which will be updated daily
- New ‘Silence Unknown Caller’ prompt
- Anti-stalking ‘Item Safety Feature‘ for third-party Bluetooth trackers and alleged AirTags
- Updated Apple Music app with new swipe menu, download icon for songs, and pop-over menu. Subscribers will be able to share lyrics via messaging app or post them on Instagram.
- Updated Apple Maps offers to report for hazards and accidents