Apple has released the third betas to developers for its upcoming operating systems. iOS 14, macOS Big Sur, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14. These updates can be downloaded via Apple’s beta testing program for developers, or via OTA update.
Ever since Apple announced its upcoming iOS 14, iPadOS 14, tvOS 14, watchOS 7, and macOS Big Sur updates at the all-online WWDC in June, the company has been releasing beta versions for developers while making subtle improvements to all components of its operating systems. Here is all that’s new in these updates:
iOS 14 beta 3
Apple continues to tweak the update with each beta release. With new icons, changes in widgets, and much more, here is all that is new and changed in iOS 14 beta 3:
- The music icon and widget receive color changes from white to red.
- The clock app has a new widget which was missing in previous versions.
- New pop-ups for widget editors, home screen editor, and App Library.
- Users can share Apple Music songs and playlists to Snapchat Stories.
- Health app reminds users to wash their hands upon arriving home.
- Redesigned Widgets for Screen Time and Smart Stack.
- New Doorbell and Camera icons in the Home app.
- iPhone 8, 8 plus, and second-generation SE get support for back tap.
tvOS 14 beta 3
tvOS 14 got the following updates in the third beta:
- A new Home app for Apple TV that allows HomeKit-connective devices to be controlled from within the TV.
- Apple Arcade on Apple TV now supports multiple users.
- Users can manually choose a screensaver category in tvOS 14.
macOS Big Sur beta 3
Here is what is new and updated in the third beta for macOS Big Sur:
- The battery icon in the battery section of preferences has been redesigned.
- ‘Time remaining’ battery life estimates have been removed for MacBook users.
- The music app icon has received a redesign similar to iOS 14.
- The sound effect for screenshots has been changed to a new macOS Big Sur sound combined with the original shutter sound.
watchOS 7 beta 3
watchOS 7’s third beta has the following updates for developers:
- Support for watch face sharing.
- Sleep tracking is supported on Apple Watch.
- The workout app is updated with new workouts.
- Improved Calorie tracking in the Workout app.
We strongly recommended that users do not install these beta versions on their primary devices as they are still under development and may be full of bugs. There is also a risk of data loss or other issues with devices. In case of testing, install the update on a non-essential or secondary device after backing it up, to make sure that no important data is lost in case of any issue.