Apple unveiled the next-generation Apple TV 4K with a powerful A15 Bionic chip, HDR10+, USB-C Siri Remote, and more. The company has also announced that a redesigned Siri will be coming to tvOS 16 this fall.
New Siri will be able to recognize each user’s voice to offer a personalized experience
According to Apple, the new Siri is designed to make users’ voice control experience with Apple TV even more easier and personalized.
- Siri on Apple TV will be able to recognize each user’s voice to show their movies, shows, games, apps, and music so they can pick up from where they left off.
- Siri will show tailored recommendations to each user when asked “What should I watch?” via Siri Remote.
- The updated Voice Assistant has a new compact design on Apple TV that appears on the bottom right corner of the screen so users can quickly see results without leaving the action onscreen.
- Later this year, Siri support on Apple TV will be available in Denmark, Luxembourg, and Singapore.
The updated Voice Assistant will be available on all Apple TV 4K models and compatible regions.
tvOS 16 was released on September 12, along with iOS 16. The update included support for HDR10+, Matter, Fitness+ intensity metrics, and more. Recently, the tvOS 16.1 Release Candidate was seeded and the company has announced that macOS Ventura and iPadOS 16.1 will be released on October 24. Maybe the tvOS 16.1 update also debuts next week with the new Voice Assistant.
- Apple announces new iPad Pro with M2 chip, Apple Pencil hover, Wi-Fi 6E, and ProRes video
- Apple announces 10th-generation iPad with updated screen design, USB-C, new colors and more
- Apple releases 9-minute video about the new M2 iPad Pro and entry-level iPad 10
- Delayed iCloud Shared Photo Library feature to arrive with iOS 16.1
- DaVinci Resolve and Octane X are coming to M2 iPad Pro
- iOS 16.1 will release with key sharing in Wallet, Apple Card Savings account, and more