Apple has dropped a new trailer for its upcoming dark comedy, “The Shrink Next Door,” starring Will Ferrel and Paul Rudd. The series, slated to release on November 12, is inspired by true events surrounding the bizarre relationship between a psychiatrist and his long-term patient.
Check out the latest teaser for the Apple TV+ original, ‘The Shrink Next Door’
The new trailer for the limited series offers an exclusive two-minute preview of the show. The series is directed by Michael Showalter and Jesse Peretz and based on the script by Georgia Pritchett. Ferrell and Rudd also serve as executive producers, along with Jessica Elbaum and Brittney Segal.
The Shrink Next Door is based on a 2019 podcast of the same name, telling a story of a psychiatrist, Dr. Isaac ‘Ike’ Herschkopf (Paul Rudd), and his long-term patient Martin ‘Marty’ Markowitz (Will Ferrell). The project will bring Rudd and Ferrell on-screen together first time since Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues in 2013.
Inspired by true events and an original podcast of the same name, “The Shrink Next Door” follows the decades-long manipulation and exploitation by psychiatrist Dr. Isaac “Ike” Herschkopf (Paul Rudd) and his longtime patient Martin “Marty” Markowitz (Will Ferrell). Dr. Ike is accompanied by his unsuspecting wife Bonnie Herschkopf (Casey Wilson) and though Marty may be defenseless against Dr. Ike’s enticing offerings, his hard-headed sister Phyllis (Kathryn Hahn) is not.
According to Apple, the initial three episodes of The Shrink Next Door will premiere globally on Apple TV+ on November 12, and the remaining five episodes will be released every Friday.
- Apple TV+ will premiere three new shows for kids and family in late September – October
- Amy Brenneman joins the cast of ‘Shining Girls’ thriller series on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ new original movie ‘Swan Song’ will premiere on December 17, worldwide
- Tim Robbins to star in Apple TV+ new drama series ‘Wool’ with Rebecca Ferguson
- Carpool Karaoke: The Series is renewed for 5th season but this time on Apple TV+
- Apple TV+ Studio to win the bid for Sue Mengers biopic project starring Jennifer Lawrence
- Apple TV+ ‘CODA’ will be the first-ever feature film to include subtitles in the main film reel
- Apple TV+ shares trailer of “The Velvet Underground” documentary, coming on October 15
- Marvel stars Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson to feature in Apple TV+ new movie ‘Ghosted’