WhatsApp has added several new features to improve the group chat experience on the platform like “Communities” for users to bring different groups to one place and easily manage their communication and coordination, reactions to messages, and more.
Most of the new features were discovered in the beta testing phase like Communities, reactions, support for 2GB file sharing and now they have been officially announced.
Here are all the new features coming to WhatsApp group chats
In the coming weeks, the following features will be available on WhatsApp to improve how groups are created and managed.
- Communities will allow users to bring multiple groups under a single community, for example, their children’s schools groups, favorite local clubs, restaurants, and others, so that all members conveniently receive updates and form smaller discussion groups with complete protection of end-to-end encryption. Furthermore, Communities admins will have control over which groups to add and
We think Communities will make it easier for a school principal to bring all the parents of the school together to share must-read updates and set up groups about specific classes, extracurricular activities, or volunteer needs.
- Emoji Reactions will enable users to quickly express their opinion via a character instead of a text message like on Facebook or iMessage.
- Support for up to 2GB files so that users can share larger files and easily collaborate on projects.
- Up to 32 participants can join an audio call via a single tap.
- New Admin Delete feature will allow admins of groups to remove messages which they consider irrelevant or problematic from everyone’s chats.
Previously, WhatsApp redesigned the ‘Voice Message’ player like out-of-chat playback, the ability to pause, review and continue recording a voice note, and more. And according to WABetaInfo, more new changes are coming on the app like “file download ETA“, media visibility for Disappearing Messages, new camera interface, new forwarding limits, and much more.