Since the launch of iPhone 4 many issues have been reported by different people. One issue which most of the users have experienced with it is its reception issue. Apple and Steve Jobs have given some solutions through email replies and official statements. Now, BGR is reporting that one of their Apple connects have told them the exact procedures Apple Care will follow while addressing the iPhone 4 antenna issues:
1. Keep all of the positioning statements in the BN handy – your tone when delivering this information is important.
a. The iPhone 4’s wireless performance is the best we have ever shipped. Our testing shows that iPhone 4’s overall antenna performance is better than iPhone 3GS.
b. Gripping almost any mobile phone in certain places will reduce its reception. This is true of the iPhone 4, the iPhone 3GS, and many other phones we have tested. It is a fact of life in the wireless world.
c. If you are experiencing this on your iPhone 3GS, avoid covering the bottom-right side with your hand.
d. If you are experiencing this on your iPhone 4, avoid covering the black strip in the lower-left corner of the metal band.
e. The use of a case or Bumper that is made out of rubber or plastic may improve wireless performance by keeping your hand from directly covering these areas.
2. Do not perform warranty service. Use the positioning above for any customer questions or concerns.
3. Don’t forget YOU STILL NEED to probe and troubleshoot. If a customer calls about their reception while the phone is sitting on a table (not being held) it is not the metal band.
4. ONLY escalate if the issue exists when the phone is not held AND you cannot resolve it.
5. We ARE NOT appeasing customers with free bumpers – DON’T promise a free bumper to customers.
I don’t want to say it again, but Apple is just not accepting that their Phone has some problems. We know that some other phones have similar problems but the iPhone is the best and Apple should have tackled this issues in their design. Another interesting thing is that if Apple thinks that the reception issue will be solved by using their bumpers than why didn’t they offer them with the iPhone 4. May be, this is some kind of strategy to sell their iPhone cases.
Apart from this we recently reported a rumor that Apple might issue an update of iOS 4.01 to fix the reception issues of the iPhone 4, but this update is not here yet. Whatever the case is, we hope that this issue would be solved soon, or people would be forced to buy iPhone 4 cases.[via touchreviews]