For all of you who have been waiting with locked iPhone 3G/3GS since ages just because they upgrade their basebands with iPhone OS 3.1.3, the time has come for you to unlock your phones thanks to ultrasn0w 0.93 update by the iPhone Dev team. ultrasn0w 0.93 unlocks basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 05.13.04. Here’s a guide on how to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3G/3GS with iPhone OS 3.1.3!
- Jailbreak your iPhone 3G/3GS with Spirit. This tool works with OS 3.1.3. Check out our guide here.
- Open up Cydia and tap the Manage button at the bottom. Tap sources, press the edit button on the top and then tap add. Type this repo address in the sources: https://repo666.ultrasn0w.com as shown below.
- Tap Add Source and wait for it to upgrade.
- Search for ultrasn0w in the search tab at the bottom. Tap it and press install at the top.
- Wait for it to install and then reboot your iPhone 3G/3GS. When it restarts, you should be able to use it with any carrier you want!
iOS 4 was released to the public today and already ultrasn0w has been updated to unlock basebands 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01 and 5.13.04! The jailbreak tool for iOS 4 isn’t out yet but when it is, we’ll post a complete guide for it! Stay tuned.