Apple has launched a new invite-only ‘Siri Speech Study’ app in the App Store for the collection of speech data to improve the virtual assistant. The app, which is available in several worldwide markets, allows participants to share their voice requests and other feedback with the Cupertino tech giant.
Apple gathering data via new ‘Siri Speech Study’ app to make its virtual assistant more robust
Apple consistently works on making Siri as useful as possible through the help of research. In the latest program, launched on August 9, the Cupertino tech giant is looking to gather new data on how people speak to make its virtual assistant’s recognition systems more function.
As reported by TechCrunch, the ‘Siri Speech Study’ app is intended for Siri. However, the exact details of the program remain unknown. The tech giant is keeping the program limited to a small group of users as the app does not appear in a typical keyword search or in browsing apps in the App Store. Instead, users must be invited to participate.
Currently, the app is only available in the United States, Canada, Germany, France, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, and Taiwan. Apple told TechCrunch that the app is being used for Siri product improvements by offering a way for users to share their feedback directly with Apple.
Siri has received considerable improvements in iOS 15. The virtual assistant is smarter, faster, and more secure in iOS 15 because Apple Neural Engine keeps all the communication stays on the device. Here’s every new feature Siri received in iOS 15:
- High-quality on-device speech recognition capability comes with a personalized experience by offering Siri on-device learning to know users most interacted with contacts, frequently used words, searched and read topics.
- Siri comes with offline support to carry out requests without an internet connection like settings alarms, making phone calls, sending messages, controlling audio playback, adjusting Settings, and launching apps.
- Siri will be able to intelligently share items on screen like songs from Apple Music, photos, web pages, locations, and much more. In addition, Siri will also send messages or call the onscreen contacts.
- Apple releases updated firmware for the (2nd-gen) Siri Remote designed for Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
- Here are all the Siri commands that work offline on iPhone and iPad
- Siri on iOS 15 vs Google Assistant on Android 12 – See which voice assistant comes out on top