Apple has released iOS 17.0.3 and iPadOS 17.0.3 to all iPhone and iPad users. This release has come as a response to iPhone 15 Pro overheating claims, which Apple had blamed on an issue in iOS 17 as well as popular third-party apps and games like Instagram, Asphalt 9,, and Uber. The company had committed to remedying the issue in an update, and it’s finally available.
iOS 17.0.3 and iPadOS 17.0.3
The highlight feature of this release is a fix for an issue that caused iPhones to overheat. Otherwise, the
Here are the release notes for iOS 17.0.3:
This update provides important bug fixes, security updates, and addresses an issue that may cause iPhone to run warmer than expected.
Here are the release notes for iPadOS 17.0.3:
This update provides important bug fixes and security updates and is recommended for all users.
Both software updates also feature a couple of security fixes focused on the Kernel and WebRTC. The security vulnerability related to the Kernel may have been actively exploited on iOS 16.6 and earlier versions, as per a note by Apple, therefore, it is recommended that users update as soon as possible.
Apple had previously released iOS 17.0.2 with a bug fix for an issue that impacted data transfer from one iPhone or iPad to another.
If your iPhone still heats up after installing the latest update, you may want to check if your USB-C cable is causing your iPhone 15 Pro to heat up.
- iOS 17 causing Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues? Try these fixes
- How to turn on and off Conversation Awareness on AirPods Pro 2 in iOS 17
- How to create Personal Voice in iOS 17
- Here is how to delete iPhone 2FA codes in iOS 17 automatically
- Third-party widgets not working on iOS 17 Lock Screen? Try these easy fixes
- How to set multiple timers on iPhone running on iOS 17
- iPhone freezing on iOS 17? Try these tips
- How to enable crossfade transitions in Apple Music in iOS 17
- iOS 17 bug greys out contact images in Notifications Center on Lock Screen
- iOS 17 slowing down your iPhone? Try these tips