iOS 15 is on the verge of release to the public but it has not stopped Apple from slipping in new features in the operating system update. This comes at a time when Apple is also delaying some previously announced iOS 15 features such as SharePlay, Find My network support for AirPods, 3D Navigation on CarPlay, Apple ID Legacy Contacts, App Privacy Reports, Universal Control, iCloud Private Relay, and more.
Additional iOS 15 features releasing on September 20
- Ability to switch between phone numbers in a Messages conversation on an iPhone with Dual SIM. This includes iPhone XS and later phones.
- Air Quality maps for Singapore in Weather app
- Japanese language support for Voice Control
- New SF Arabic system font
- Users in India can select 10 of their most recently used UPI payment apps when they scan UPI QR codes using the Camera app for merchant payments
Note that some of the delayed features such as iCloud Private Relay are currently in beta, while other features like SharePlay, App Privacy Reports, and Universal Control have not been part of iOS 15 betas.
Apple will be releasing the final versions of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, watchOS 8, and tvOS 15 on September 20 to all users.
- Apple delays Find My network support for AirPods to later this fall
- Nine new features coming to Apple Home app and HomeKit devices with iOS 15 and tvOS 15
- Apple Fitness+ gets new pilates and skiing workouts with watchOS 8, iOS 15 and tvOS 15
- Apple seeds iOS 15 beta 8 and iPadOS 15 beta 8 for developers
- SharePlay will not release with iOS 15 update coming in Fall, confirms Apple
- AirPods on iOS 15 will feature new Conversation Boost, ambient noise reduction, Announce notification and more
- iOS 15 will allow users to opt-out of Night mode on their iPhones
- iOS 15 Safari is getting support for WebM audio